Implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system for the Integrated REDD+ Programme intervention in Mongala province in DRC
Institutional support, From land use planning to local development, Forest and climate change, Project management
République Démocratique du Congo
The Integrated REDD+ Project (PIREDD) in Mongala aims to "sustainably reduce the impact of human activities on the forest and contribute to the improvement of living conditions and incomes of farmers". To achieve this objective, the PIREDD is implementing activities that cover the various deforestation factors identified in the DRC's national REDD+ strategy: agriculture, forest management, land use planning, energy, governance and demography.
The study carried out made it possible to set up and frame the monitoring and evaluation of the achievement of the project's targeted results through the definition of a complete system including
- A detailed matrix of the project's result indicators, including data sources, frequency of information, and those responsible for monitoring and analysing these indicators
- Monitoring indicators of the donor, the National REDD+ Fund
- Monitoring of the achievement of milestones in the letter of intent signed by the country with CAFI (FONAREDD's funder)
- Tools for monitoring source data and indicator information - from time sheets to online forms for use with smartphone applications
- A framework for monitoring project quality
- A procedure for recording and handling complaints and appeals.